1. Personal Data
Personal data is information that can be used to identify an individual, such as name, date of birth, age, address and e-mail address. Personal data also includes information that cannot be used to identify an individual on its own, but can be easily cross-checked with other information to identify an individual as a result.
2. About GDPR
We will comply with the collection, use and protection of personal data relating to data subjects in the European Economic Area in accordance with the GDPR in this policy.
3. Collection of personal data
For the purposes of this Policy, personal data collected by the Company refers to information that the User provides when registering on the Company's website (the "Website") or otherwise provide in connection with the Services. However, the Company will not handle personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use without the prior consent of the User.
*Examples of type of information we collect for the purpose the Service
(1) Access history to the software provided by Electa (Classroom Software) (hereinafter referred to as the User's Access History)
(2) Access history to the JLPT online half-test provided by ASK Publishing (hereinafter also referred to as the User's Access History).
(3) Information provided by the User during the lesson or when the User comes into contact with the tutor outside the lesson.
As for (1), IP address, entry time, etc. are recorded about the User's access history. In the case of (2), we will use this information to monitor abnormal accesses and to improve our services. In the case of (3), we may share this information with other tutors in order to improve our lessons.
*Other information we may collect
4. How we use your personal information
The purposes for which we use the personal information we collect are as follows
(1) To accept registrations, verify your identity, authenticate users, and record user settings related to the Service.
(2) To facilitate lessons with tutors.
(3) To send information related to the service (newsletters, campaign information, surveys, maintenance, important notices, etc.)
(4) To send information about other services we provide.
(5) To grade tests and analyse test results.
(6) To accurately understand opinions and enquiries about our services and to respond to them.
(7) To analyse customer trends and to conduct research and analysis for product development, etc.
(8) To confirm the identity of the User when responding to a request for disclosure of personal information from the User.
If the Company is obligated to use your personal information for purposes other than those set out in this policy, we will seek your prior consent.
5. Notification of purpose of use when collecting personal information
In the event that the Company acquires personal information, the Company shall promptly notify the User of the purpose for which the information is to be used or make a public announcement of the purpose, except in cases where the Company has previously announced the purpose for which the information is to be used.
However, in the event that the Company acquires the personal information of the relevant person in a contract or other document (including electromagnetic records) as a result of entering into a contract with the relevant person, or in the event that the Company acquires the personal information of the relevant person in a document directly from the relevant person, the Company shall clearly state the purpose of use to the relevant person in advance. However, this does not apply in cases where it is urgently necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person.
6. Protection and management of personal information
We are deeply aware of the importance of the handling of personal information, and in order to guarantee the rights of users regarding their personal information, we have established this policy based on our information security policy, and will implement the following
(1) We will comply with the Personal Data Protection Act and related laws and regulations.
(2) In order to prevent the risk of leakage, loss, damage or falsification of personal information, the Company will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent leakage, loss or damage of personal data handled by the Company in terms of technology and organization, and for other safety management of personal data.
(3) We will respond promptly and sincerely to enquiries regarding the handling of personal information and work to resolve them.
Please note that we cannot be held responsible for the handling of personal information outside the scope of our business.
7. Provision of personal data to third parties
We will not provide personal information to third parties (including those located outside Japan) without the prior consent of the user. However, this does not apply to the following cases
(1)Disclosure or provision of personal information to an affiliated company of the Company to the extent necessary for business purposes.
(2)When personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to a merger or other reasons.
(3) Disclosure of personal information is required by law or public authorities.
(5)When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of the user or a third party and an emergency is required.
(6.)When the user voluntarily discloses or provides his/her personal information.
8. Accuracy of personal information
The User is responsible for ensuring that the personal information is accurate and up to date at the time it is provided.
9. lteration or deletion of personal information
This English-language document is a translation of the original terms and conditions as set out in the original Japanese text on this site. The Japanese text takes legal precedent.
Read in Japanese
If you have any comments, questions, or complaints, or if you have any other enquiries regarding the handling of user information, please contact the following.
Earth Communications Inc.
Person in charge of handling personal information: Chiho Kamioka
【Enacted on October 1, 2021】